Do you know anyone who is directionally challenged? When you are driving with him or her somewhere you just hope you’ll get there on time or at all. Every time you go out to eat you’ll learn different roads and directions because you never go the same way twice. You understand why they invented the GPS. (If you could just get your friend to use it, or jump into your car quicker than he can offer to drive.)
Aren’t you glad, God is not directionally challenged? He created everything there is, so He knows the north from the south and the east from the west. God never makes a wrong move or turn in our lives.
Sometimes we make the wrong turn when it comes to our relationship with God.
Psalm 103:11-12 tells us how much the Lord loves us:
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
God is so loving and good to us. When we sin each day and confess our sins to Him each day, God forgives us each sin. God remembers them no more. He casts them as far as the east is from the west.
When God forgives us, He lifts our sins from us. God sends them far away. He sent them as far away as the east is from the west.
How far is the east from the west? It doesn’t matter how far you go to the east; you will never arrive at the west. The west is opposite of the east. The two never meet.
God is not going to bring our sin back up to us. He will not keep a list of our confessed sins. God forgives and forgets.
Now on the other hand, sometimes you bring those sins back up. You wallow in your guilt and won’t let the sin go. If you know God has forgiven you of a sin, forgive yourself. Don’t let yourself or Satan keep throwing those past forgiven sins in your face.
Stay on the right road in your relationship with God. Ask God to forgive you of each sin. Then let God take it as far as the east is from the west.
Have a great day and keep moving forward!
Suggested Bible Reading
Today as you pray...
- Praise the Lord for saving you from the pit of hell.
- Thank the Lord for His love and compassion.
- Praise God for His righteousness and grace.
- Thank the Lord for being slow to anger and not treating us as we deserve for our sins and iniquities.
- Praise God for forgiving your sin as far as the east is from the west.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the sin you committed today so you can confess it to the Lord.
- Confess each sin you committed to the Lord.Thank the Lord for His forgiveness and give your day to Him.