Bell Shoals Baptist Academy offers a Christ-centered academic program designed for students with average and above average academic ability. Students are admitted on the basis of past academic achievement and behavior to ensure that those enrolled sincerely desire a Christian education and are capable of achieving in a program designed for academic excellence. The school does not provide enrollment to students whose special educational or physical needs cannot be met by our existing programs, services, or staff.
Admission is based on selective criteria that include standardized test scores, prior school record, recommendations, evidence of good character, and a possible interview. The Admissions Committee will review each application without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin. All students are accepted on a trial basis during the first grading period (30 days) before placement becomes final.
The application process is as follows:
1. Application—all the following must be submitted to proceed.
- A completed application packet
- A copy of birth certificate, Hillsborough County immunizations/health forms 680 and 3040
- In addition TK—8th grade students also need:
- A testing appointment with testing fee of $25 attached
- A copy of most recent report card
- A copy of most recent standardized tests (1st - 8th grades).
- Middle school students are also required to submit three reference forms.
2. Testing: BSBA administers an entrance exam (for a $25 fee) to determine success in our program and academic readiness or placement.
3. Interview: After the completion of the entrance exam, the Admissions Committee may require an interview with the student and at least one parent. All new middle school families will meet with administration.
4. Notification: You will be notified by mail or a phone call regarding your child’s admission status. A tuition deposit of $200 will be immediately due to secure enrollment. When there are no spaces available in a grade, students will be placed in a waiting pool. If a space becomes available, the Admissions Committee will review all applicants placed in the waiting pool.